Our lists and registers
We keep a number of public lists and registers. Privacy laws do apply to some of the information we collect, but the following lists are open to public inspection. Fees may apply (see pages for details).
We administer laws for consumers, businesses and a number of industries.
These organisations may also be able to help you in a dispute with a business. This might be for:
- general complaints
- product safety
- industry-specific complaints.
Search the register of licensees and salespeople in the:
- property industry
- motor industry
- security industry
- tattoo industry
- second-hand dealing and pawnbroking industry
- debt collecting and process serving industry (commercial agents)
- introduction services industry
- inbound tour industry.
An enforceable undertaking is a legally binding agreement that we enter into with a business.
Depending on the situation, the business might promise to:
- stop doing certain activities that breach our laws
- fix or change certain activities or documents to comply with our laws
- pay compensation to consumers affected by those activities.
We can take the matter to court if the business does not keep this promise.