Emergency updates for staff and the community
Active monsoon northern Queensland
Courts and Department of Justice and Attorney-General (DJAG) offices in North Queensland and Central Queensland courts have now resumed operation.
Please discuss with your manager if the impacts of the monsoonal rains and flooding are continuing to affect you or your family, and your ability to travel safely to or from work.
In the event of an emergency, DJAG staff in the affected areas are advised to heed official advice and warnings.
Preparing for emergencies
The Get Ready Queensland website also offers advice about preparing for disasters.
Queensland Government disaster website.
Disaster preparedness – are you prepared?
Queensland Reconstruction Agency's useful links for natural disasters.
For the latest information about flood and storm warnings, visit:
- Queensland disaster and alert information
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- Evacuation centres
- Listen to your local ABC radio station for updates.
Cleaning up after a disaster
- Recovery after a disaster
- Cleaning up resources and information
- Returning to affected buildings
- Electricity and water safety
- Asbestos removal